- Curriculum vitae.
- Copy of the passport.
- Academic historial.
- Proof of Spanish language (if it is not the mother tongue).
- Nomination letter from the university of origin.
- Letter of motivation addressed to the faculty where you will study.
The International Relations office will send a copy of the acceptance letter to your email.
- International health insurance.
- Other documents are necessary depending on the program by which it is applied. The UTP is part of some networks that can have links with your university.
- Consult your university’s exchange office about these networks and their documentation.
At the end of the Semester
- Departure: It notifies of the day that you leave the country to the coordinator of student mobility
- Certification of qualifications: send an email when you have all your qualifications in the registration system
- Certificate of exchange completion: you can request it at the International Relations Office
- Make sure all your qualifications are correct before sending the grade request.
You can donwload de Academic Calendar (2019), from this link
Grading and Passing System
The credit system used by the Technological University of Panama recognizes as the number of credits the number of academic sessions. One (1) credit hour corresponds to: One (1) hour of class or seminar per week or period of two (2) or three (3) hours of weekly laboratory work (testing and demostration of theorical concepts) or a period of two (2) to four (4) weekly hours of hands-on workshops or Field Practice (practical applications and development of manual skills and the like).
91 to 100
2.50 to 3.00
|81 to 90||B||Good||
1.75 to 2.49
|71 to 80||C||Adequate||
1.00 to 1.74
61 to 70
|Less than 61||F||Failure||
More information: Passing and grading system
Services at the University
Library: Provides a range of university texts from renowned publishers, worldwide and at competitive prices.
University Clinic: Offers students: nursing consultations, health education, good health certificates, nutritional support and references.
Specialized Language Center: here you can find courses in English, Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, Spanish for foreigners, as well as application of TOEFL Institutional tests (Paper Based), ELASH (English Language Assessment System for Hispanics), EXADEP (Examination of Admission to Postgraduate Studies), TOEFL iBT.
The Department of Sports organizes every year, a half-yearly sports program developing internal leagues in different sports. In the same way, he prepares and trains the selections for interuniversity tournaments, national championships and international competitions.
Sports list: Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Table tennis, Flag football, Athletics, Cheerleading, Karate do, Softball, Swimming, Rugby, Baseball, Fencing, Five-a-side football, Archery, Chess.
More information: Sports
In the UTP, students have to be responsible and take into account the following rules
Learn about the internal university regulations, which include:
- The student must be committed to attend each of their classes, since attendance is part of the final grade (tardies also count as absences)
- In case of withdrawing and including subjects, the student must inform the proper authorities to make the change in the system and inform their teachers and DRI
- Maintain regular contact with students and teachers, especially in group projects
- Learn about the dress code
- Inform DRI when you have finished your semester and you have all your final notes on the platform
The Department of Culture of the Technological University of Panama (UTP), offers spaces for the integral development of the students, through the formation of its members, through the existing cultural groups in each of the Regional Centers and in the Central Campus , Dr. Víctor Levi Sasso. It also offers logistic services in cultural activities of the University Community.
- Premio Centroamericano de Literatura Rogelio Sinán
- Premio Nacional de Cuento “José María Sánchez”
- Premio Nacional de Literatura Infantil Hersilia Ramos de Argote
Licda. Noridis Castillo: email@example.com